Bay Harbor Islands Write Up In 1945 a lawyer by the name of Shepard Broad acquired two undeveloped mangrove swamp islands off 96th Street on Miami Beach. With his own fundshe filled in the islands and watched as Bay Harbor began to take shape. He was joined in the venture by a prominent businessman, Benjamin Kane, for whom the Town’s main thoroughfare (Kane Concourse) was named.
Since that time the town has emerged as one of the most desirable business and residential locations in South Florida. There are 2 Islands, an East Island and a West island. The East Island is home to offices, businesses, restaurants, and clothing stores which are lined along Kane Concourse. The remainder of the East Island is dedicated to apartment buildings, condos, and one of the best public elementary schools in Miami Dade County, Ruth K Broad Elementary, formerly known as Bay Harbor Elementary which goes from Kindergarten through 8th grade. The Islands condo and townhome market is going through an evolution of new construction catering to today’s buyers wants and needs. The west island is strictly residential homes featuring waterfront and non-waterfront properties.
View current Market Conditions on Available Sales and Recent Sales